Sunday, December 20, 2009

Das is Gut ya?

This past weekend, Tim planned a little "mini vacation" for us. We went to Leavenworth, WA!! It is a little American version of Germany's Oktoberfest. The whole town is "Germany" themed, I mean every building in the town, even the gas stations: We stayed at the Alden Rose and it was adorable and very much had the bed and breakfast feel. The front desk lady greeted us wearing a Lederhosen. ha ha It was such a fun experience and definitely makes you feel like you are NOT just two hours away from home. That night it happened to be the 42nd annual light festival downtown. A pretty big deal for the town. They had carolers, the mayor spoke and even Santa came. Then they counted down and turned on all the Christmas lights on main street. Later that night we played arcade games while we waited for the movie Avatar to start, which by the way was pretty cool. The next day we went to Stevens Pass and went snowboarding. Not the best conditions. I had never snowboarded in rain before, lets just say it was VERY wet. That would never happen in Utah, Just saying. Utah has the best snow EVER!!Anyways, if you are looking for a little get-a-way in Washington, check out Leavenworth. I want to go again this winter!!

2 comments:

Holly Suni said...

they have this awesome hot wine on the main street there. I always buy a bottle when I go!

D and C said...

That is so cool. I have never heard of that place. We will have to check it out.