Tuesday, December 2, 2008
5K or die
Its time to talk about my Thanksgiving weekend....
To start off thanksgiving day I went and woke up/picked up Kelly to do a 5k with me in Draper. I know a 5k is not a lot, 3.11 miles but i was proud of myself. I averaged less than 8:30 a mile, not too shabby for not running in a few months. Then it was off to Salt lake.....
This was my first Thanksgiving away from home...tear.... but i made it through! I am 24 so i guess its time to cut the cord ha ha . I did miss my parents though. I was lucky enough to spend my Thanksgiving with my Aunt and Uncle in Salt lake. My cousin Randy was there too so that was awesome. My brother Rob, Tanya and the kids came too. So it was a solid day.
The next day "black Friday" I worked...blahhh- don't want to talk about it ha ha
Saturday i had a soccer game which was pretty weak... my playing that is. I just wasn't that into it. I'll make up for it this week.
"red neck Sunday" was next..... Kelly, me, her parents went to bountiful to shoot 20 gage shot guns. I have the bruises to prove it. The gun was as tall as me! i still don't like guns but it was hilarious.
Now its back to school and i have a loooooooong list of things to do before i graduate! ahhhh
p.s.
to mike-
Thanksgiving is just not the same without midnight bball. next year???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanksgiving at Sharley's sounds like a pretty good deal. It'd be cool to have a Higginbotham reunion of some sort...I really don't know Randy very well, hardly at all, really.
I totally went shopping on black friday. At least you had family close by. Maybe next year you can have it with us. Miss you tons.
Post a Comment