Thursday, October 2, 2008
Goods and petpeevs about here...
Before you read the good and BAD, let me first say that i do not mind Utah and have found many positive aspects. It definitely is a good place to live and keeps me out of trouble ;). Some people who move here talk major crap about it but still continue to stay. Though i do plan on moving in December, i will miss a lot about it.
Let me first talk about the good... in no particular order. (Random placement)
* Gorgeous mountains
* endless outdoor activities
* experiencing ALL four seasons ( Fall colors are arriving)
* "best snow on earth"
* The safeness of it all
* Fry sauce
* the fact that its 80 degrees everyday and its October
* lots of my family is around
* meeting girls with similar experiences and childhoods
* overall friendly people
* I love Salt Lake City and Park city
*Southern Utah...especially Moab
* How active people are here... and in shape ( I also included this in the bad ha ha)
*All the winter/summer events
* the fact that i have met some best friends here who support me
Now for the annoyances....
*girls that wear spaghetti strap tank tops and halter tops over a white/black t-shirt
* American Eagle Jeans (they all have at least a pair)
* teased hair (yes they still do it) "the Utah poof"
* The fact that everyone always awkwardly smiles and stares...i mean STARE! ( not trying to sound rude)
* Daily in class conversations that involve missions, marriage/engagements and babies
* The fact that i am considered "old"... meaning i should be married
* people think its weird that i have been dating a guy for almost 4 years and we're not engaged ( its okay to date over a year....)
* endless billboards of ring stores and bridal fairs
* that 85% of my class is married (seriously though)
* the lack of diversity and culture ( Mormonism culture does not count)
* low paying jobs
* how every chick here is skinny and blond (besides my friends...your okay)
* shopping not always the best
I know there are more on both good/bad but thats all for today. I swear i'm more positive than it looks like
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know how you feel, Mesa is a mini-Provo! It's kinda funny to me! I do agree with how beautiful Utah is though!
I really love that you put Fry Sauce on your list. I love fry sauce! It makes ketchup seems so dull.
The biggest struggle I have here is that I have to come across as SO controversial just because I think outside the Utah Valley box. Why can't people just say, "yeah, I don't agree but I respect you for having an opinion, you're a cool girl". Wishful thinking I guess.
Good: Del Taco, Cafe Rio, and Sonic's close by.
Bad: The strange looks you get if you run with your shirt off or if you are a girl (in a tanktop or Sports Bra)
I'm too fat to run with a shirt off anyways.
Ahh que Amanda!I like the fry sauce and Sonic's diet limeade with lots of ice. Utah has been fortunate to have you for a moment in time. Secretly I love the Utah Poof,but I'm 48.love'Michelle.
What made you have to make a good/bad list about utah?
Post a Comment