Thursday, October 16, 2008
End of the Trip.....
I haven't really had time to write but i wanted to talk about the rest of our trip. I think i left off on wednesday...
Thursday- we went to Gettysburg, PA. It was only an hour and a half drive (thanks to mom's driving skills). It was supposed to be over two hours. At the Gettysburg visitor center we met up with a guide and he hopped in our car and drove us around to all the different battle fields and whoa was he detailed.... a little to much ha ha. It was a really cool tour though, never thought i would actually see where the civil war ended. After that we went shopping at some near by shops. My mom really wanted to go to Amish country but it had already been a looooong day and she has been already. We weren't really dying to go! ha ha When we got back Mike had dinner ready. He made chicken,ribs,rice,and steamed corn. He did surprisingly good!
Friday- Janie and I went to Georgetown to shop...FINALLY!! I only got a couple things but i really wanted these boots...still do. I need to get a job then I'll feel better about buying them. Mom and dad went down to all the Smithsonians. That night we went to Chinese food , where they are known for their duck. I guess President Bush's Family goes there a lot, they had pictures everywhere of them there. It was alot of food!!
Saturday- Mike had to take me to the airport around 5:45 am. worst flight. Thanks Mike!
Thank you Janie and Mike for a great vacation!!! :) I want to move there...maybe one day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, we do have a spare bedroom and I could use your rent money....ok that wouldn't work out for too long.
Come back sometime
(cough) The civil war didn't end at Gettysburg (cough)
It was actually the turning point of the war. :)
Post a Comment