Wednesday, October 15, 2008

East Coast time!

I'm here in Virgina/Washington DC and it has been AMAZING!!! I have never ventured over to the east coast and I'm so glad that my brother and Janie live here. Its so nice to finally see where their life is and experience their town. Here is what we have done so far.... Saturday- landed into Virgina and went to dinner in Old Town Alexandria for some Thai food and walked around the waterfront. Sunday- church at 8:30 am and then headed over to the National Park of Shenandoah where we packed lunches and checked out all the trees turning fall colors. There was also the cutest "apple store" we we got apple cider and apple donuts! yummmm Monday- My Dad, mom and I took a little trip over to MT Vernon ( George Washington's house) and that was so crazy! It was crazy to think how much history was around us. His house/land was huge. They displayed the slave/servant quarters, gardens, all areas of his house and history behind all of it. Then that night we went to dinner with Mike and Janie in DC. That night after dinner we went to the Lincoln memorial ( where the big statue of Abe sitting down is). I really wanted to sit n his lap but you can't get that close nor can I climb that high. so AWESOME though! Tuesday- we toured the Library of Congress ( where the declaration of Independence is held). We also went to the Senate of California's office and met up with an intern of hers who gave us a tour of the Capitol. You take a little underground train from the senate offices to the Capitol, never imagined that. The tour was pretty good. Great intricate artwork and design. After the tours we went to lunch at Cosi. After our busy morning we took a break and later did a girls shopping afternoon/evening. We let the guys watch sports..ha ha
Wednesday- My mom and I went to the Holocaust museum which was sad yet remarkable. I can't really explain it but i suggest go seeing it. Later we met up with everyone and went to the TOP of the Washington Monument where you could see EVERYTHING!! I saw the President's helicopter land at the White house. couldn't believe it. For dinner we went to one of Mike's favorite places... Rico something??!! I need to stop eating!! Vacation ruins people. The weather has been in the 70's and low 80's. Perfect to me. We have so much more planned before i leave on Saturday. I want to move here. I love history and am totally enthralled with this area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

History is way better when you get to see it all in person. I don't like reading about it as much as actually going to museums or places to see and learn. Thats awesome that you are there and having fun.

p.s. can you make ur pic's bigger, so I can better? ha ha.