Tuesday, June 3, 2008

who knew I had it in me?!!

A couple of days ago I (with Tim's help) started a little garden. He designated me an area in his back yard where he thought it would be a good spot. I worked hard to pull ALL the weeds then break up the dirt with a hoe then rake it to prep the area for my fun plants we bought. I ended up planting blueberries, boysenberries, strawberries, cucumbers, squash, red/green peppers, tomatoes, lavender, potatoes, and zucchini. I never thought i could get so into and excited about gardening. I even went out and bought gardening shoes and a soft knee bad when i plant.Besides my little garden we bought over two hundred dollars worth of flowers and other plants to plant in the front and back yard. We worked for a solid two days and it is turning out great. The nice thing about Seattle is that the dirt is moist and it rains (as you all know) so your plants will never get too dry. Now all i need for my garden is decorations. I want a sign that says strawberry row and a basic sign that is "garden" related. When I've been searching all i find are little creatures, mushrooms and other things that i could find on telegraph in Berkeley. So i need to find a good store out here for those things. I also want to put a couple of stepping stones in the garden, so i need to search for those. Well enough about the garden but i can't wait to do more to it!!

2 comments:

Karlee said...

I'm so jealous! I want a garden SO bad! How fun, you are growing so many fun fruits & veggies too! You'll have to post more pictures as it grows so I can live vicariously through you!

Anonymous said...

Awww Amanda I didn't know you had it in you either. That's so fun. I'm gonna have a garden one day too. And hey growing your own natural friuts and vegies is so healthy! Good Job! After reading all your blog's it looks like your having an awesome start to an awesome summer!