Friday, May 30, 2008

Just one instead of two

So this morning i woke up, went to the gym, had a healthy breakfast, took a shower and was getting ready when my first interviewer called and cancelled because she came down with the flu. We rescheduled for monday but it kind of threw off my plans. anyways i still had another interview i had to prep for. It was with Jones Soda as a marketing intern. The main guy Seth was out of town so i interviewed with people from the marketing team. I think it went pretty well but you never know. I still will have to interview next week if they are interested. Overall though i got a great vibe of the company. They are really relaxed and down to earth. I was definitly the most over dressed person in the office ha. When i first walked in everyone was playing Mario Kart on Wii. I met a few of the guys and everyone there seems really cool. In the interview they asked me a very interesting question. They noticed that i had a huge amount of experience and asked why i was applying for an intern position when i could apply for a permanent and "real" position. Maybe i'm scared but also i just feel like i want and need more expereince. I want to be in the top of my game when i start my "real" career. Also what if i have to go back to Utah for my last classes, i can't just leave a career like that. By being asked that question it did make me realize that i do have alot of knowledge in marketing and PR. It made me proud of myself. ha But i still know i need more experience regardless, for myself. If i did get Jones I would still have to talk with them about hours and the fact that i may be going back to Utah if i can't find my classes here. I hope to hear from them soon though!!

3 comments:

Karlee said...

That sounds like an awesome company to work for! I wish I got paid to play Wii! Good luck on the call back!

mandy* said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you're in Seattle! Mark works near Jones Soda. Did you interview at the South Lake Union office? Anyway, we'd love to see you. E-mail me at mandyromney@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Oh wait I know what Jones soda is, duh! Oh amanda I'm so proud of you that's gonna be great experience for you!