Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jam time!

I have always wanted to try to make Jam
and with raspberrys being on major sale,
I decided it was time!
This was suprsingly SUPER easy and
It tastes so good!
Here is the recipe:

4 cups mashed raspberries
4 cups sugar
Directions:
Use a very large pot.
  1. When the jam reaches a full rolling boil it will double in volume.
  2. Heat mashed berries until they reach a full rolling boil.
  3. Boil 2 minutes.
  4. Add sugar.
  5. Stir well.
  6. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes.
  7. Remove from heat.
  8. Beat with rotary beater for 4 minutes
  9. Pour in sterilized jars and seal. To steralize jar- boil jars with lids for 15 or place them on a  sheet in the oven on 175 for 25 minutes
  10. I ended up only doing 2 cups of raspberrys
     but it filled up an entire small wide mouthed Ball Jar!

No comments: