Many people want to know the story of how Tim and I became engaged......
Well here it goes:
Tim and I had been talking about getting engaged for a while.
Since it had been some time...
I finally asked him "have you even been into a store yet by yourself?"
and he said he wouldn't tell me either way,
so we talked about looking at rings on Saturday.
So Saturday rolls around and we find barely enough time to stop by a local jeweler
and check them out. But we did and I was happy.
I found some styles I liked and the lady was going to call Tim on Wednesday with pricing.
Then Tim says he made dinner reservations at Ray's in Ballard
and we had to hurry over there to make them.
He then tells me , he picked to eat at Rays because he had "other motives"...
to check out a Scuba diving spot. Which coming from Tim seemed normal.
He pulls over at a marina/dock in Ballard on Shilshole bays and
I grab his Carhart jacket because I was cold... real cute.
we walk out to the dock at sunset and he keeps telling me to look at things in the water....
I was still clueless.....
The next moment is a blurr because I was in complete shock....
he starts with "did you like the rings at that place?"
and I say " ya I would like whatever, it doesn't matter"
and then he says because I got you something a while ago.....
With tears in his eyes he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him.
Without even barely looking at the ring, I lung at him and hug and kiss him and say "yes"!!!
( you can actually see the dock he proposed on the far right and it was at sunset!)
Still in disbelief... he puts the ring on me and explains how he has had it for a couple days!
It was in his truck when we went ring shopping!!
He picked out a cushion cut diamond just like I wanted!
It is currently in a "temporary setting" until I pick out the band.
He choose three options that he thinks I would like too , so this friday we are going to see them:)
(I'm traveling all week for work ...sad)
After he proposed we did go and eat at Rays and had a great view with the sun still setting!
Tim did so good huh??
During dinner I couldn't hold still and wanted to text and call everyone though :)
We called my parents house right after dinner though!
But, you never know!
I'm sure I missed a lot of details but you get the gist!
I'm getting married to the love of my life!!!!!
Mrs Amanda McCarthy here I come!!

9 comments:
Congrats, Amanda (and Tim). Your mom sounds really happy so Tim must be a great guy! Is it a Tahitian or Hawaiian wedding?
Congrats Congrats Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys. I got all teary while reading your post :) Now the planning begins! Sending a big hug your way!!!
Oh yay! Congrats. I didn't know you guys were engaged already. So happy for you :)
Congratulations Amanda! I’m so excited for you and can’t wait for your Bridal Shower, Bachelorette Party, of course the Big Event and everything in between!! Lots of love to the both of you!
Thanks guys!! I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time! haha
Congrats! So cute! Love it!
Congrats!!! So Cute!
Why oh why has it taken me this long to stumble upon your blog?? ;) I seriously got goosebumps and a big smile on my face when I read this post about Tim proposing! :) I'm so happy for you, Amanda! Congratulations to both of you guys! Love you and miss you! ;)
Congrats!!! I am so so excited for you guys! Love & miss you!
Post a Comment