Monday, December 27, 2010

You Must Try This!

Ever since I got my kitchen-aid for Christmas I have been craving to make my momma's rolls! I tried making them on my own, for a friends thanksgiving dinner but they did not turn out like my mom's, so this is my second attempt! I have rolled them out and they are rising as we speak! It was WAY easier mixing it in the kitchen-aid.... so glad I finally got one! yes!Here is the recipe, you should definitely give it a shot! They are GREAT! Ingredients: 2 packets yeast 1/4 c Luke warm water 3 eggs 1/2 cups shortening 1/2 c sugar 1 teas salt 1 c water 4 1/2 c Flour 1. put yeast in 1/4 c luke warm water in small bowl 2. beat 3 eggs in large bowl 3. add shortening, sugar, salt, 1 c water. Beat well 4. add yeast mixture 5. add flour 1 cup at a time, beating well. Let it rise in the bowl, till it doubles in size ( maybe 2 hours). Make sure the house is at 70 degrees, so they rise! If not risen as expected: I have put them in the oven on "warm" under 200 degrees. You can refrigerate them till you are ready to use ( after they have risen). Grease pan, grab a handful of dough with flour on hands and fold twice. Place in a 9x13 pan ( 3 across, 4 down). Let rise again 2 hours. Bake at 400 for 7-12 minutes. These are the rolls rising after being folded.... I only made six because frankly Tim and I do not need the extra carbs. I used the extra dough to make cinnamon rolls for his co-workers:) see below!
These are rising as well.
Lets hope they turn out!
Update: They came out great! I should have waited till the cinnamon rolls cooled to put on the icing but they still taste good :)

No comments: