Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fruits of My Labor

Remember when you were younger and you put toothpicks in an avocado in hopes that one day that seed would be an actual tree in your backyard?? well I am giving it a try again (twenty years later). I have been on this kick of wanting an avocado tree and after much research, i mean google, I thought it would be entertaining to try to grow one at home. So the other night we made guacamole and now I have two seeds sitting in cups on the window seal. One of the seeds has already cracked and I am hoping this cracking leads to roots forming shortly. I don't remember it working as a kid, but i am very optimistic about it now. I really hate how my work laptop won't let me download pics but i swear i will put pics up, to show as evidence that it is really working. Here is an idea of whats going on....

No comments: