Wednesday, November 19, 2008

time to update ya'll

So a lot of you probably don't really know what i have been up to these days besides my little posts here and there, which typically talk about food aka cupcakes or vacations....

While i am in my last semester at Utah Valley University i have had the chance to work with a non-profit organization. I am involved in my University's PR firm and I am the Account Executive for the Boys and Girls Club. Basically i manage my Pr Firm to complete tasks in a timely manner for the BGC (Boys and Girls Club). We just completed working on "Share the Harvest" an auction/dinner. We produced press releases, news articles, magazine articles and are conducting a trade show Dec 3rd to show off to potential donors. We have also helped with the receiving of donations, recognition, etc. Its been a great experience and a resume booster. I definitely want to continue working in non- profit after I graduate.

Now i graduate Dec 18Th, 2009. I will probably end up walking next April, they don't have a chance to walk in the Winter. Technically i was supposed to walk last April since i only had a couple classes left last spring. oh well. I feel like i have done a good job considering i have taken two years off all together from school due to a accident, out of state tuition, etc. I'm proud of myself and I would love to get a masters in the next few years. I'm looking into it. I'm going to enroll in some prep classes next year. Other than focusing on school , my plan is to move the end of December. Seattle is supposed to be my next stop but I'm kinda freaking out because that is a huge step.I think since i have been wanting to move there for 3 years and it is finally happening , I'm in shock. I just wish family was around that area. Nothing is set in stone right now and I'm actually okay with that. I almost feel i can go anywhere and that is very liberating.I'll have my life figured out soon.

To be continued............

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now's probably not the best time for non-profits. 'Round here at least, they're dropping like flies.

Katie & I are planning a ski trip for my 30th birthday...know of any good powder up Seattle/Vancouver ways? We may just pay you a visit :)

Mrs. McCarthy said...

ya there definitly are! a little past vancouver is Whistler but SEattle has alot to offer like stevens pass. snoqualame (sp). PLease visit!!! I need family ;)

Karlee said...

That sounds pretty exciting to be able to do and go whatever and wherever you want! I'm so excited for you to be done with school! That's awesome! Miss you :)

Anonymous said...

Your always busy workin hard and having fun. Good for you! I can't believe soon you will have everything figured out and livin the life, that's awesome! I wish I did.