Monday, December 19, 2011

Marriage Books...

I have a confession.....
before Tim and I got hitched
I bought 3 "preparing for marriage books"
and I promised myself
I would read all 3 before the big day. Well the confession?
I did not read a single one...
I don't think I even read a full chapter.
WHOOPS!
We did do pre-marital counseling
but still-
I really wanted to read those books.
Well today I bought another marriage book
and I SWEAR I'm going to read the
entire thing!!

I think this book will be good!

I really want to strive to be a great wife

since this whole thing is new to me.

Did anyone of you read books or have read marriage books?

I figure - regardless it will be interesting!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I read one called Dealing With Differences in Marriage, and Between Husband and Wife, both LDS books I think, or at least LDS authors. They were both good. Let me know if you like this one. My mom told me about a book called The Anatomy of Peace. I'm not sure it's so much a marriage book as much as just a book about relationships in general, but I want to read that. Also, what is the status of your house you put an offer on?? That is so awesome and exciting and I want to see pictures ASAP!

Mrs. McCarthy said...

oh awesome, I will look at those! I figure it never hurts to read all diff kinds of relationship/marriage books. Well we have a closing date of January 23rd for the house!! I will post photos when all documents are signed, I'm trying not to get too excited because short sales are always iffy! but hopefully pictures will be up soon :)